I traveled to Perth, Australia for a week training. Perth is located on the western side of continent and isolated from the cities on the east, like Melbourne and Sydney. The city is clean but expensive. I felt I was traveling to Europe and paying European prices. I was lucky my sponsor fed and housed us. I ran out of money in three days.
- Australia is a continent and spans 2,941,300 square miles.
- The currency is the Australian dollar.
- Canberra is the seat of government for Australia.
- In 2011, the population was estimated at 29.9 million, making Australia the 55th populous country in the world.
- Australia relies on mining-related exports, telecommunications, banking, manufacturing, and international education to support its development.